Pokemon Colosseum ROM is available to download for free. You can play the ROM on any Gamecube emulator. To download the ROM click on the download button below. You can get all versions of the ROM from below.
Pokemon Colosseum ROM
- File: Pokemon Colosseum ROM
- Console: GameCube
- Genre: Role-Playing
- Region: Europe, USA
- Platforms: Android, Mac, iPhone, Windows
Pokemon Colosseum Download
Download Pokemon Colosseum ROM from below:
Pokemon Colosseum ISO
Download from below Pokemon Colosseum ISO:
|Pokemon Colosseum ISO
Pokemon Colosseum is a role-playing video game developed by Genius Sonority and published by The Pokémon Company and Nintendo. It was released for the Nintendo GameCube in 2003 for Japan and North America, and in 2004 for Europe. Unlike most other Pokémon games, “Pokemon Colosseum” has a unique setting, story, and gameplay mechanics.
Here are some key features and details about the game:
- Setting and Story: The game takes place in the Orre region, a desolate desert region that doesn’t have wild Pokémon in tall grass. Instead, the story revolves around the concept of “Shadow Pokémon”, which are Pokémon that have had their hearts artificially closed, turning them into fighting machines. Players assume the role of Wes, a former member of the evil Team Snagem, as he tries to purify all the Shadow Pokémon and stop the criminal syndicate, Cipher.
- Double Battles: Unlike other Pokémon games at the time where single battles were the norm, Pokémon Colosseum focuses exclusively on double battles, where each trainer uses two Pokémon at once.
- Snagging Pokémon: Since there are no wild Pokémon in the traditional sense, Wes possesses a device called the “Snag Machine” which allows him to “snag” Shadow Pokémon from other trainers and then purify them.
- Purification: To turn a Shadow Pokémon back to its normal state, players must use it in battles to decrease its “Shadow Gauge”. Once the gauge is empty, the Pokémon can be purified, restoring its normal moves and allowing it to gain experience.
- Compatibility with GBA Games: Pokémon Colosseum can be linked with the Game Boy Advance Pokémon games from the third generation (Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, FireRed, and LeafGreen). This allows for trading Pokémon between the games.
- Sequel: The game was popular enough to receive a sequel named “Pokémon XD: Gale of Darkness”, which expanded upon the Shadow Pokémon concept and took place in the same region.
“Pokemon Colosseum” marked a departure from the traditional Pokémon formula, focusing on a darker, more narrative-driven story. The unique mechanics of snagging and purifying Pokémon provided a fresh experience for players familiar with the mainline series.